Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Inquiring minds that want to know everything about you

Another group of idiots that has long held my disdain are those
quaint morons that want you tell them every intimate detail
of your personal life while sharing nothing themselves. What
damned business is it of theirs if you like sleeping in the nude,
the exact details of your annual income or whether or not you
subscriptions to any "adult magazines"?

None. Period.

These are usually the same turd brains that expect you to give
them a fucking dossier on yourself but always neglect to post a
single detail of their own. Or that have posted trivial details about
themselves and act as though they have posted some great
revelations about themselves. If we are posting on a forum or in
a chat room and we have known each other for less than a week
we are acquaintances not life long friends. This applies to the
real world as well. If we just bumped into each other at a party
I have no plans to share more than casual conversation with you.

Personally, If I haven't known you for at least a year online I don't
feel you have any need to know my personal details. And the only
time you have any need to know where I live is if you are doing
business with me and need a mailing address to send a check or
money order to pay me.

My favorite argument from these dicks is always the classic line,
"What are you hiding?". It's called privacy, morons. It comes
from same part of human nature that makes us want those lovely
drapes in our homes or a lock on the desk drawer. Once on a forum
one of these inquiring minds informed me that they didn't feel the
need for anonymity. Oh, really? Then why use a screen name, why
not use your real name instead? Instead of a cute little avatar, why
not use your own picture instead? Because we're online. Some of us
view the internet as being at least in part escapism from our normal
lives, most of which are spectacularly boring.


Yours Truly,

Dick McPlenty P.I. (pissed indefinitely)

No comments: